Monday, February 4, 2013

Project 1: Diptych


My partner and I did not read the directions as carefully as we should have...therefore our project is completely opposite of what it should be.

My montage focused on the realistic concept of modern society in America. While Jeannie's montage is very colorful, mine contains more black and white images. We wanted our montages to stand out against one another to show the differences between the two concepts. The images in my montage show ways in which our society is corrupted; through greed, violence, materialism, war, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Both of your projects are great. I feel the fantasy one has a good use of bright colors and hidden images to tell it's side of the story, where as the reality side uses it's darker colors as a bold statement and the images are a little more obvious like the truth. I especially like the reality side, I feel that the black and white images are a good touch, but the fire being the only thing with color feels powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved both of these parts of the diptych, as different as they seems and despite the have none of the same images they still seem to go together. The left side appeals to my love of color and keeps my attention because I'm searching the whole panel soaking in every image. On the right, I absolutely love everything about it, it was my favorite piece in the class. The mostly black and white is equally as eye catching as the fire that burns around it. I only wish the left panel felt as cleanly done as the right panel, while the images go well together some technical changes could have made it blend better. Other than that, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm into the use of the colored fire behind the black and white images, it really adds something striking to the image as a whole. If you had left it all black and white it wouldn't have hit as hard visually.

    ReplyDelete